Evelyn & Wendy: BASKETBALL
Did you know... In the old days starting on 1967, “Slam Dunks” were ILLEGAL?!
The basketball floor is a rectangular court and it is usually made of wood? The team that has the most points wins the game. Also, in most courts, the rims are 10 feet tall from the ground.
Did you know... Michael Jordan was cut from his high school basketball team?
- The regulation basketball court in NBA and NCAA basketball is 50 feet wide by 94 feet long.
- The basket's steel rim has an 18 inch diameter.
- The tallest man to play in the NBA was George Muresan. He was seven feet, seven inches tall. Wow!
Isaiah & Daniel: SOCCER
Goooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllll. Let's talk about soccer.
Did you know….that soccer is the most popular sport in the world?!!
- Soccer players run 6 miles on average every game.
- There are 11 people in each game of soccer.
- There are 1000 activity changes in every game.
- The first soccer games may have originated in china.
- The first black soccer player was Arthur Wharton in 1800s.
- The soccer World Cup is played every 4 years.
Hut, hut!!! Let's get the game started. I am going to talk about football. Super bowl 49 just happened 2 weeks ago. Seahawks vs. Patriots played for the title to win the super bowl! Tom Brady and the Patriots won 12 games and lost 4 games in the season, and the Patriots were the victors in this Super Bowl. Hut, hut!!