Here are the characters:
- Thomas- The main protagonist. Arrives in the box before Teresa.
- Teresa- The first girl ever to arrive in the box. Befriends Thomas.
- Chuck- Boy that arrived the month before Thomas. Befriends him immediately.
- Minho- Keeper of the runners. Becomes friends with Thomas and teaches him how to be a runner.
- Alby- First to come into the maze. He built mostly everything there.
- Newt- Second in command. Takes over as leader when Alby feels no longer capable.
- Ben- A builder and good friend of Gally’s. He was stung by a griever and was banished from the maze.
- Gally- He dislikes Thomas. A glader who lives by the rules.He runs away from the glade.
- Winston- In charge of slaughtering livestock for food.
- Frypan- In charge of cooking as by his name.
Thomas comes up by the box to the maze, with no memory of his past life, except his name. He finds out that he is stuck in the middle of a huge maze. He is greeted and taught about the jobs and roles in the center of the maze where they all live and thrive. The Glade is the safe zone at night, but beware of the robotic monsters that come out and eat you. One day, Minho, the keeper of the runners who run the maze, map it out to find an exit, gets stuck with Alby, another runner, trying to drag him out of the maze but the doors are closing! Thomas goes in and tries to help them drag Alby back inside the glade but the doors shut before they can get out.
Definitely go check out this book to find out what happens next!